ID Cards and Records

Defense Entitlement and Enrollment System(DEERS) facilities.

In order to obtain a new or updated military Identification Card (ID) you must go to a DEERS Operating Facility. Click here for an updated list of DEERS locations.


The Oregon National Guard Service Member and Family Support (SMFS) office has a state network of Family Assistance Specialists (FAS).  They can assist you with ID cards, legal services, Tricare, financial, crisis intervention, death of a retiree, and community information.  More information can be found here.


Military Records

Request Copies of Your Military Records -  If you were a member of the Oregon National Guard, some of your important records (DD 214) may still be available at the Oregon Military Department Archives.  Please use a Standard Form 180 to request your records be sent to you.  Send your SF 180 request form to the following address:


Oregon Military Department

 Attn: Archives Dept.

 1776 Militia Way SE

 Salem, OR 97309-5047


Get Military Records from the National Archives - If you cannot get your records from the Oregon National Guard, then you can start your search from the National Archives record center at this website.